- To make or become different:
alter, modify, mutate, turn, vary.
- To give up in return for something else:
commute, exchange, interchange, shift, substitute, switch, trade.
- To leave or discard for another:
- The processor result of making or becoming different; a progression from a phase of life to another
alteration, modification, mutation, permutation, variation.
- The act of exchanging or substituting:
commutation, exchange, interchange, shift, substitution, switch, trade, transposition.
- The process or result of changing from one appearance, state, or phase to another:
changeover, conversion, metamorphosis, mutation, shift, transfiguration, transformation, translation, transmogrification, transmutation, transubstantiation.
- The process or an instance of passing from one form, state, or stage to another:
passage, shift, transit, transition.